Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bakery Style Cake from a Box Mix




Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix,
Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich),
Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount,
Step 4: Instead of water, use milk.
Step 5: Mix well and bake for the time recommended on the box...


Stacie's Notes: Bake your cake at 25 degrees lower than listen will prevent the dome in the middle of your cake, because the sides will bake nearly as evenly as the middle. I've been using this trick (baking at 325) for 15+ years, and it's a great trick! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Instead of oil, use mayonnaise (egg and oil mixture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this via pinterest and am wondering if you can use water instead of milk still and have it turn out the same. I only have almond milk in my fridge! Thank ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I don't know. I haven't personally tried this recipe. The difference that I can see is that the cake will be less creamy and rich. But, you can experiment. I would be interested to know what you find by using water instead of the milk. Or, you could try the Almond Milk - I have never used it in baking, so I don't really know if that is an option. Sorry that I can't be more helpful with this! ;)

    ReplyDelete


Click Me! :D